Swim CB 2019
July 14, 2019
* Swim CB is a 1.5 mile point-to-point ocean swim.
* The race is done with the current, so the start location is determined on race morning.
* The race finish will always be at the Hamlet Ave. beach access - immediately south of the Courtyard by Marriott.
* Water temperature will be in the low 80s
* Time trial start with participants starting the race every couple of seconds.
* Faster swimmers are encouraged to line up near the start - slower swimmers towards the back.
* This start procedure spreads out swimmers at the start - making it beneficial for water safety personnel.
* Swim caps will be available for all participants at packet pick-up
* Swim caps will be in a variety of colors - your choice.
* Take your swim cap to Swim Start
* Swim caps MUST BE WORN
* Penalty for not wearing a swim cap is an automatic DQ
Carolina Swim Series – Wetsuit Rules
For all Carolina Swim Series races, the following wetsuit guidelines will be followed:
* If the water temperature is 67.9 degrees or lower – wetsuits will be required.
* If the water temperature is between 68 degrees and 78 degrees – wetsuits will be optional (see below for details).
* If the water temperature is 78.1 degrees or higher – wetsuits are prohibited.
Optional wetsuit usage: Participants opting to wear a wetsuit when the water temperature is between 68 degrees and 78 degrees, will be assessed a 3-minute penalty for the five shorter races and a 6-minute penalty for the two longer races.
NOTE: Water temperature is expected to be in the low 80s.