Beach Weddings

Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, & Fort Fisher in Pleasure Island

Vendor Listing

North Carolina Beach Weddings

Say "I Do" on Pleasure Island and start your life together with a dream NC beach wedding.

Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or an elaborate celebration, prefer the white sand beach as your aisle or an indoor ceremony, want your first meal as husband and wife to be an oyster roast or fine coastal cuisine - the options are limitless on Pleasure Island.

Click on "Vendor Listing" above or search our Wedding Guide to find vendors to help plan every part of your dream North Carolina wedding.

Read more below for Marriage License Requirements and Beach Wedding Rules.

Read more

Marriage License Requirements

You do not need to be a resident of North Carolina to be married here but you do need a license. It may be issued by the Register of Deeds office in any county in North Carolina. Once issued, the Marriage license is valid for 60 days. There is no waiting period, physical exam or blood test required.

In New Hanover County, Marriage license Applications are accepted from 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday thru Friday at the Branch of Vital Records Department Office located at 216 N. Second Street. For directions or more information call 910-798-7754.

The fee for a Marriage License is currently $60. Certified copies are $10 each. The following documents must be presented from both the bride and groom before a license will be issued.

Picture ID - Must include name and date of birth. If the date of birth is not on the picture ID, then will need proof of birth (birth certificate) to substantiate the date of birth. The birth certificate is from another country, it will need to be translated to English.

Both the bride and groom must be present when the license is issued.

The Legal age for marriage in North Carolina is 18 (persons over 16 and under 18 can only be married with signed parental consent). Call 910-341-1302 for additional information.

If you have been divorced in the last 60 days you should bring your divorce papers.

A Magistrate, Minister, or any other person authorized by their religious denomination, or federally recognized Indian Tribe, may perform a marriage ceremony.

Rules for Marrying on the Beach in Carolina Beach or Kure Beach

Carolina Beach allows weddings on the beach. When finished, you must clean up the area and remove all items and trash. Be sure and leave enough room for emergency vehicles to pass through along the strand. Parking is scarce unless you use the pay lots. Please contact the Carolina Beach Park and Recreation at 910-458-7416 for more information.

Kure Beach allows weddings on the beach. However, if chairs or tents are needed please contact John Batson in the Kure Beach Town Hall at 910-458-6535. When finished, you must clean up the area and remove all items and trash. Parking is scarce. If more information is needed, please call the Kure Beach Police Department at 910-458-7586.

Fort Fisher Historic Park has two Gazebos on the ocean which are available for weddings. A $500 fee (three-hour block) is required for the use of either Gazebo. $50 fee to reserve the Gazebo for one hour of rehearsal time. Also, if you want to have your wedding in the Grove (trees across from the Museum) or on any of the land in the historic park the fee is $500. There is free parking at this location. Please call John Mosley 910-458-5538 for availability.

Fort Fisher State Park located next to the Aquarium is also a possibility. Once you pass the "rocks" at the Ft. Fisher Historic Park, you are on State Park land. To be married along this strip of the beach, there is a $35 fee and you will need to fill out a Special Activity form which is available at the State Park. Please call 910-458-5799 for more information.

Read less